The Brooke and Hancock area is truly a unique location. The residents of the area come from a wide range of ethnic backgrounds, which is one of the reasons we have been able to maintain our strong values. In addition, there is the “whatever it takes” attitude as evidenced by the coming together of the residents and businesses in the area in the early 1980’s when National Steel Corporation decided to divest itself of its Weirton Steel Division in Weirton. The employees and residents were determined that the mill would not close. They formed the world’s largest Employee Stock Ownership Program. It’s this kind of work ethic and attitude that the people of the Upper Ohio Valley bring to the work place.
- Within 500 miles is one half of the population
- Only 30 miles from Pittsburgh
- Within 50% of the industrial output
- Only 20 minutes to Pittsburgh International Airport
- 50% of the retail sales within a 500- mile radius
- Small town feel with a low crime rate and close-knit community
Brooke County: 23,737
Hancock County: 30,291
Total Population: 54,028
We’re located strategically within a vast majority of the US population, with easy access to highway, rail, water, and air transportation.